Criteria for Admission:
- Diagnosis of terminal illness, enrolled in hospice and a prognosis of 3 months or less.
- Do not resuscitate order (DNR); no life sustaining measures to be done.
- Understand the JNP Home is staffed primarily by volunteers, both male & female.
- Understand that the JNP Home is NOT a medical facility, care provided as “family” would provide for their own loved ones.
- No extraordinary care needs; we must be able to provide safe & comfortable care that can be managed by staff and volunteers. We are unable to provide IV therapy, feeding tubes, or manage difficult behaviors.
- Admission decisions are not based on age, creed, color, ethnic background, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
- With the above criteria in mind, resident selection is based on the person with the greatest need and fewest options.
- Maximum stay is limited to 3 months in order to provide care for as many people in our community who are in need.
Please direct all further questions regarding admission eligibility and/or to tour our lovely Home to 518-346-5471.